Similar to accidents involving cars or trucks, motorcycle collisions often result in horrific injuries, in many cases ones that are far worse than those experienced by sedan and SUV drivers. Many people do not realize that motorcyclists are not afforded the same level of security when they take to the road, while others simply do not care.
Regardless, the injuries and resulting compensation that arises from these incidences can easily cost millions, or several millions of dollars, depending upon the circumstances.
Those who find themselves in this precarious position are encouraged to contact a motorcycle lawyer as soon as possible, as there are several important court dates and issues pertaining to medical treatment that should be explained by a legal professional.
Special Challenges Pertaining to Motorcycle Accident Case Law
Many attorneys that pursue compensation on behalf of injured motorcyclists quickly find that these cases are hard to prove. The question of who is at ‘fault’ for the collision is not as easy to prove, nor is it as easy to secure verdicts for the injured person or persons as there are lots of obstacles that restrict their access to justice.
- Since the majority of vehicle drivers claim that they ‘did not see’ the motorcycle when the collision took place, insurance companies that are liable to pay for injuries like to argue that the motorcyclist is more at fault for the collision than they truly are.
- It is an unfortunate truth that juries, judges, attorneys, and the public perception in general does not favor motorcyclists and had been detrimental towards ensuring they receive their rightful compensation. Despite the fact that most motorcycle collisions are not the fault of the motorcyclist, this bias leads courtrooms to determine otherwise, regardless of the facts that are presented.
- Injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents are often catastrophic, setting victims up to receive a lifetime of treatment that costs hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars, to have treated properly.
Though challenging, it is most definitely not impossible to secure justice for the injured motorcyclist if a professional motorcycle injury lawyer who has adequate experience in dealing with motorcycle accident cases properly assists you.
Attorneys you should be searching for
Here are some essential factors you need to look for when reviewing a motorcycle accident attorney in order to ensure that he or she can secure the maximum verdict for the injured motorcyclist.
- An experienced attorney with a developed reputation can have a tremendous impact on the success of your case. If you appoint a rookie lawyer, what are the chances that you are provided with a strategy that has proven to be effective? A good motorcycle accident lawyer will prepare for and expertly execute a legal strategy that has worked in the past. Even if the negotiation process fails, your attorney can fight your case at trial and take all necessary steps to hold your wrongdoers accountable.
- Usually, a great motorcycle accident lawyer has racked up years of experience to deal with several motorcycle accident cases. Therefore, once the expert attorney reviews the circumstances of the accident, he or she can easily determine the case strengths and weaknesses.
- Serious motorcycle accident attorneys should have connections with the counties private investigators, disability experts, accident reconstruction specialists, doctors and with other experts so that he can successfully collect all the evidence that is determined credible enough to be used in a court of law.
- Make sure that the legal representative you are appointing for your motorcycle accident case is able to grasp the complexities of the case. It is easy, even for an experienced attorney, to miss a deadline that makes a victim unable to recover compensation for their collision.
How to Find a Great Attorney
When it comes to personal injury law, finding a great attorney usually makes all the difference. Since we are affiliated with the New York Police Department we are not able to provide recommendations, however we can point you towards a very useful webpage that helps explain the best way to go about finding a personal injury lawyer when you don’t know where to turn. Click here for that info.